October 7, 2023
This is the perfect fall soup! Warm, flavorful and full of color.
* 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
* 2 medium zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
* 3 cups broth (I used homemade mineral broth; veggie, beef, or chicken broth would also work)
* 1 white onion roughly chopped
* 4 organic multi colored carrots (peeled and cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch rounds)
* 4 stalks of organic celery (sliced into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces)
* 2 TSP fine pink Himalayan salt
* 2 TSP Turmeric
* 2 TSP Garlic Powder
* 1 TSP Dill Weed
1. Heat 2 TBSP of olive oil in large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and saute until browned and soft, approximately 8-10 mins.
2. Remove the zucchini from the pot and put it in the blender with the broth. Blend on high speed until smooth and silky, approximately 1-2 mins.
3. Add the remaining 1 TBSP of olive oil to the pot. Add the onions, carrots, and celery and saute, stirring frequently, until the onion begins to caramelize, approximately 7-8 mins. (I like my veggies a little softer so I let them cook a little longer). Add the turmeric, garlic power, dill weed, and salt.
4. Add the ground beef to the pot with the veggies, using a spoon or spatula to break it into large chunks. Cook for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally to avoid breaking the meat up too small.
5. Add the zucchini puree to the pot. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
6. Serve hot or store once cooled slightly.